How To Apply: Carnival Foundation Application Guidelines
ATTENTION: Effective November 1, 2018, Carnival Foundation launched its online application portal and no longer accepts requests by mail. While the application process is changing, our requirements and review process will not.
To start a grant, sponsorship, or an in-kind donation application, click the “Apply Now” link. Please use Internet Explorer.
To resume a saved application, view previous submissions, and access reporting requirements, click here: www.GrantRequest.com/SID_2100?SA=AM
Grants Or Sponsorships
To apply for a grant or sponsorship from Carnival Foundation, prospective applicants must complete an online application and include the following information and documents:
- A letter of request with a brief description of the organization, including its legal name, history, activities, purpose and governing board
- Purpose for which the grant is requested
- Grant amount requested
- Listing of other sources of financial support
- Operating budget of the project for which the funds are requested
- Organization’s annual budget
- Copy of the organization’s most recent audited financial statement
- Copy of organization’s most recent 990 filed with the Internal Revenue Service
- Copy of Internal Revenue Service determination letter indicating 501© (3) tax-exempt status as an organization that is not a private foundation
- Organization’s completed W-9 form
- Geographical area(s) served
Organizations applying for a grant renewal must submit a final report detailing use of the prior grant award. Interim and final reports will be submitted through our online portal.
To apply for an in-kind donation from Carnival Foundation, submit an online application complete with the following information:
- A brief description of the organization including its legal name, history, activities, purpose and governing board
- Contact name and information, including phone number and address for the individual who is organizing the event
- Name and date of the event
- Average amount of funds raised from the auction in previous years and estimated number and demographics of the event audience
- Description of how funds raised from the donation will be used within the organization
- List of other cruise suppliers, if any, participating in the event
- An outline with details of Carnival’s publicity/promotional opportunities associated with the event
- Copy of Internal Revenue Service determination letter indicating 501© (3) tax-exempt status as an organization that is not a private foundation.
- Geographical area(s) served
Requests for sponsorships and/or in-kind donations must be received four to six months prior to the event.
Carnival Foundation only makes contributions to organizations that have been granted an exemption from federal income tax under Section 501 c (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Carnival Foundation will not consider requests from/for:
- Individuals, including participants in events or fundraisers
- Religious, fraternal, political or athletic organizations
- Rotary Clubs
- Animal welfare organizations or causes
- Labor/Union groups
- Elementary or secondary schools, including extracurricular activities, PTA/PTO/PTSA, or booster clubs
- Film production, including documentaries
Preference is given to South Florida and other homeport communities throughout the United States.
Funding proposals are received and reviewed on a continuous basis throughout the year. Requests are screened for thoroughness and compliance with Carnival Foundation’s requirements. If applicable, a meeting with a representative from the organization and/or a site visit may be conducted.
Qualified applicants should allow up to two months before receiving a written response. Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, submissions that do not meet our guidelines will no longer receive a response.
Questions Or Concerns
Please direct any questions or concerns to:
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178