Jackson Health Foundation is the fundraising arm of Jackson Health System, the most comprehensive healthcare provider in South Florida. Through the generosity of compassionate donors, the Foundation financially assists the health system in providing world-class medical care to children and adults in South Florida and the global community.
Since 1987, the Foundation has raised more than $150 million to help Jackson Health System deliver the best possible care. Philanthropic support helps ensure that Jackson will be able to advance emerging research, renovate or build state-of-the-art facilities, and continue to provide accessible healthcare services that are critically important to the quality of life and health of our shared communities.
As one of the nation’s most extensive public health systems, Jackson receives a tremendous level of support from Miami-Dade County residents. However, taxpayer dollars cannot cover all costs. There are gaps. Financial gifts to the Foundation’s Miracle Fund provide flexible funding for the health system’s greatest needs in the areas of patient care, treatment, education, and renovation of facilities and capital projects, designed to improve health care delivery, enhance the hospital experience for patients, and promote wellness and preventive medicine.
Some of the accomplishments supported through Miracle Fund donations include:
• Christine E. Lynn Rehabilitation Center for The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis at UHealth/Jackson Memorial: Designed for patients recovering from traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and other complex conditions.
• Critical Care Pavilion: Located above our Diagnostic Treatment Center – the main entrance to Jackson Memorial Hospital – this three-story tower features two floors with 54 ICU beds and space to add another 27 beds in the future.
• Holtz Children’s Hospital: One of the largest, most respected children’s hospitals in the Southeastern United States, Holtz Children’s provides specialized care to more than 30,000 children each year.
• Jackson West Medical Center: A 27-acre medical campus, including emergency services for adults and children, a full range of diagnostic and imaging suites, physician clinics for adult and pediatric patients, and a 100-bed inpatient hospital set to open in Doral.
• Miami Transplant Institute: The nation’s largest transplant program in 2019 and 2020 and the only center in South Florida that performs every type of organ transplant.
• Ryder Trauma Center: With an international reputation for clinical excellence, Ryder Trauma has attracted medical and surgical teams from across the nation and worldwide to study best practices for providing advanced trauma care.
Jackson Health Foundation has counted Carnival Foundation as a longstanding supporter of its mission, starting with a gift in support of Jackson’s pediatric intensive care unit in 2007. Most recently, Carnival Foundation increased its level of giving with a gift in support of the pediatrics floor at Jackson West Medical Center.
Jackson’s philanthropic supporters have an opportunity to become more involved in Jackson Health Foundation. Membership organizations and fundraising initiatives give donors a way to strengthen their commitment to the Foundation, pay tribute to outstanding caregivers, and help ensure that Jackson continues to provide world-class medical care. To learn more about Jackson Health Foundation, please visit jacksonhealthfoundation.org.