Carnival Foundation is dedicated to creating positive change through empowering youth, enhancing education and strengthening families in the communities where we live and work.
We believe that being a member of a community means giving something back. Carnival Foundation supports a broad spectrum of organizations that positively impact many thousands of youth and families each year through charitable giving, in-kind donations and volunteerism.
Through grants and sponsorships, Carnival Foundation touches thousands of lives each year. Learn More.
Carnival Foundation supports hundreds of organizations annually with primary funding focused in the areas of the arts, human needs, education and health. Learn More.
Whether it’s receiving an award or making headlines, read about Carnival Foundation’s latest achievements. Learn More.
The Wade’s World Foundation provides support to community-based organizations that promote education, health and social skills for children in at-risk situations. WWF is dedicated to its vision of empowering underserved core communities of Chicago, Milwaukee and the South Florida areas. WWF was created as a vehicle for Dwyane Wade to give back to underserved communities and support issues of purpose.
“I can’t just let basketball define who I am and what I am supposed to become,” said Wade. “Like my mother always tells me, ‘[My life] is bigger than basketball.’”
Mr. Wade serves as Founder of the Wade’s World Foundation. His emphasis on community involvement continues in WWF’s programs, which promote the education of health, literacy, and fatherhood. In 2007, after recognizing he wanted more out of the foundation, Mr. Wade appointed his sister Tragil Wade as Wade’s World Foundation’s new executive director. Sharing the heart of Dwyane as well as having dealt with many of the same experiences as him, including her own, Tragil has since found an abundance of success in running the foundation. In her first five years at the helm of the foundation, WWF has raised $3.2 million dollars while implementing new programming and also expanding its global reach through outreach.
The Foundation’s motto is: “Every child deserves a shot” and Carnival Foundation has partnered with the Wade’s World Foundation every step of the way in its charitable activities and community outreach programs that are guided by its dedication to giving back to at-risk communities of Miami, Chicago, Milwaukee, and cities that have hosted the NBA All-Star Weekend over the past few years.
WWF advocates community-based organizations and continues to support a variety of programs that inspire, uplift and motivate children to overcome challenges, excel academically, and reach their maximum potential. Our core programs and initiatives include:
• LIVE TO DREAM (Chicago) – The LIVE TO DREAM Chicago program supports youth in underserved communities through exposure to an array of diverse activities, education, and training to ignite, expand, and nurture the raw talents, abilities and aspirations of our young people.
• LIVE TO DREAM (Miami) – A program designed to inspire young people to “do good” in their communities.
• Global Outreach – What began in New Orleans, La., as an assist in the rebuilding process of a community that was severely devastated by Hurricane Katrina, has since turned into an annual global outreach program. Every year since 2008, the Wade’s World Foundation holds an annual NBA All-Star event during the NBA All-Star Weekend devoted to strengthening communities and leaving a lasting legacy.
• Season of Giving – In the spirit of creating lasting holiday memories, the Wade’s World Foundation has developed a series of seasonal giving events benefiting families in the Chicago and South Florida area.
• Village Keeper Grant – The Wade’s World Foundation created the Village Keeper Grant for those who have given their time and efforts to provide a safe and productive environment for youth. It takes a village to raise a child.
For more information on Wade’s World Foundation and the upcoming A Night on the RunWade Presented by Carnival Foundation, please visit www.wadesworldfoundation.org.